Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
I am glad to be here.
To get to the point, I have a delta 22-280 planer that I have had for several years with no problems until now. The infeed and out feed rollers are not turning.
I took the side panel off on the gear box side and turned the machine on. The cutter head is turning but the chain drives are not. Have I sheered a pin or something?
I am at a work stoppage. I was trying to build three chests and one cabinet for Christmas presents for my boys wifes.:(

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I know that Delta sold a planer that had the identical casting as my King Canada 16". I think the Delta was a 13.5". It was also sold under under names. I'm wondering if it the same one. I would suspect that a key is missing in the keyway on the cutter head. The infeed and out feed rollers should be driven off it. Otherwise one of the rollers would still be working if it was another key.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hi Larry, welcome to the forum.

I have moved you post to an appropriate section of the forum.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,298 Posts
Welcome to the forum Larry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
To the "Moderation Team"...

When you move an item from one section to another it would be real nice if you indicated the name of the new section so that those that have an interest can save some time by having the ability to go directly to the new section.

Thanks...................Don

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is a series of 9 Youtube videos of a gentleman completely disassembling his Delta 22-540 and rebuilding it. While it's not the exact model, it should be very informative. I am unable to post the URL, but search "rebuilding Delta planer" and it should pop up for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts