Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't feel like doing any "actual work" when I got in the shop this morning so I thought it'd do a little shop cleaning. I ran across some scrap 2x10 from my dining room floor renovation and instead of cleaning, I figured I'd try some really deep stacked text.
Nothing amazing but not bad for a piece of floor joist. 馃檪

Attachments

Registered
Mike
Joe that turned out great. I do like the way you removed most of the stain from the "41-10 KJV" and a little less form the wording of the scripture.

It was worth playing with the cutoff.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe that turned out great. I do like the way you removed most of the stain from the "41-10 KJV" and a little less form the wording of the scripture.

It was worth playing with the cutoff.
Thanks, most of the text on text signs have a medium background, a dark background word "Isaiah" and a light foreground word.
I tried to lighten the background using a rag but the stain had already soaked in so my only option was to sand around the verse.
Next time I may try sanding sealer or ??? over the whole thing before staining so I can wipe the background and leave the background word darker.
We'll see what happens.
Maybe I should just cut them and send them out to Scott and John for painting! 馃槈

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.