Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't feel like doing any "actual work" when I got in the shop this morning so I thought it'd do a little shop cleaning. I ran across some scrap 2x10 from my dining room floor renovation and instead of cleaning, I figured I'd try some really deep stacked text.
Nothing amazing but not bad for a piece of floor joist. 馃檪

Attachments

Registered
Looks pretty amazing to me!!!!! Some of the best projects come from throw aways, scraps, and odd stuff. Now start cleaning!!!

Registered
Yet another project to prove that the word 鈥渟crap鈥 should never be applied to wood. I prefer to refer to those pieces as 鈥渓eftovers鈥.

Registered
Mike
Joe that turned out great. I do like the way you removed most of the stain from the "41-10 KJV" and a little less form the wording of the scripture.

It was worth playing with the cutoff.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe that turned out great. I do like the way you removed most of the stain from the "41-10 KJV" and a little less form the wording of the scripture.

It was worth playing with the cutoff.
Thanks, most of the text on text signs have a medium background, a dark background word "Isaiah" and a light foreground word.
I tried to lighten the background using a rag but the stain had already soaked in so my only option was to sand around the verse.
Next time I may try sanding sealer or ??? over the whole thing before staining so I can wipe the background and leave the background word darker.
We'll see what happens.
Maybe I should just cut them and send them out to Scott and John for painting! 馃槈

Registered
Just noticed the fine, real fine for me, print. I could get several sermons out of that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts