Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Back when we were buying CRB7 jigs, I received mine as a gift. I wanted the two additional rod sizes and asked Lee Valley CS if they could get them for me. They said that they had no record of me buying a CRB7 from them and I replied that "it had been a gift"and I didn't know where it had been boughtt. I just wanted to buy the extra rods for it. They said that they would get back to me. Two weeks later the additional rods arrived in the mail, FREE from Lee Valley. I don't buy a lot of woodworking supplies mail order, but I now always look to see if Lee Valley carries what I'm looking for, and I now buy from them when I can. I had tried to buy these rods from Infinity Tool before contacting Lee Valley, and after several emails they told me that "they weren't available". Again, I was willing to pay for them, but Lee Valley sent them to me FREE.

Charley

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back when we were buying CRB7 jigs, I received mine as a gift. I wanted the two additional rod sizes and asked Lee Valley CS if they could get them for me. They said that they had no record of me buying a CRB7 from them and I replied that "it had been a gift"and I didn't know where it had been boughtt. I just wanted to buy the extra rods for it. They said that they would get back to me. Two weeks later the additional rods arrived in the mail, FREE from Lee Valley. I don't buy a lot of woodworking supplies mail order, but I now always look to see if Lee Valley carries what I'm looking for, and I now buy from them when I can. I had tried to buy these rods from Infinity Tool before contacting Lee Valley, and after several emails they told me that "they weren't available". Again, I was willing to pay for them, but Lee Valley sent them to me FREE.

Charley
I buy just about all my woodworking supplies and tools on the net. I can find it cheaper and don't have to travel 35 miles to a Woodcraft store. Nothing against Woodcraft they are nice people.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
When spending "big money" for larger or unique tools, I want to see, touch, and feel the product, and try it out, if I can, before I make the purchase. This usually took place at a woodworking trade show, but "The Woodworking Shows" trade show stopped coming to Charlotte, NC a few years back. We still have the "Klingspore Workshops Woodworking Show" in Hickory and overall it's been a better show than the last few of the other shows. The only down side has been the reduced number of brand choices that are available for comparison. I now usually make my more difficult tool decisions at a Klingspore show, if I can. A bonus of the Klingspore show is that there is no charge for the show or for parking and food and hotels are very close by.

Charley

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When spending "big money" for larger or unique tools, I want to see, touch, and feel the product, and try it out, if I can, before I make the purchase. This usually took place at a woodworking trade show, but "The Woodworking Shows" trade show stopped coming to Charlotte, NC a few years back. We still have the "Klingspore Workshops Woodworking Show" in Hickory and overall it's been a better show than the last few of the other shows. The only down side has been the reduced number of brand choices that are available for comparison. I now usually make my more difficult tool decisions at a Klingspore show, if I can. A bonus of the Klingspore show is that there is no charge for the show or for parking and food and hotels are very close by.

Charley
There is nothing like touching and looking at what your going to buy. I did buy my Jet tablesaw from Woodcraft and got a pretty good deal on it. I almost forgot I bought my scroll saw from Woodcraft.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They are the best.

HF is next.
Herb
HUH? HF better be accomodating since half the stuff has to go back for refund or exchange. I have seen reports by people they screwed. Most stuff only has a 90 day warranty. For the limited shopping I do there the % of returns is above normal. Also, the only option is to disassemble, repack and return the whole item. There is virtually no such thing as a replacement part. I am thinking of the lawn tractor lift with the bad pump I recently returned. When I walked in the door the first words I heard were "bad pump?".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
HUH? HF better be accomodating since half the stuff has to go back for refund or exchange. I have seen reports by people they screwed. Most stuff only has a 90 day warranty. For the limited shopping I do there the % of returns is above normal. Also, the only option is to disassemble, repack and return the whole item. There is virtually no such thing as a replacement part. I am thinking of the lawn tractor lift with the bad pump I recently returned. When I walked in the door the first words I heard were "bad pump?".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I used to buy quite a few items from HF. I don't recall returning anything. My drill press and saw I got from them in about '97, both still doing fine. Angle grinders (the ones my son didn't walk off with) working fine. My lathe was working fine but sold it a few years back. I have no problem buying from HF.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.