Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, looking forward to taking part here.

I have a pulpit that my church wants me to build for them, it calls for a 48 inch long 30 degree, butt edge miter joint. I looked for a 30 degree miter lock but online but can't find one. Any suggestions, including an alternate method for the joint?

My concern is that the pulpit is 3-sided, made of oak, and that long joint will some some stress if the pulpit is moved, want to make it as strong as possible.

I've considered a spline or just multiple biscuit but I think miter lock would be the strongest.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, thanks for all of the responses, it is much appreciated. I was pretty sure I would have to add a frame member on the inside as Robert suggested to beef up that joint, that is likely what I'll do. But, I am looking into the miter lock bits as well, haven't had time yet to check into the leads you all suggested.

And as an aside, just dry fit the head an foot boards for a canopy bed for my fiance last night, I love it when everything goes together perfectly, still smiling this morning.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the Sommerfeld angle making set jlord, it worked like a charm. Was a little tricky with the large panels, and had to run it through the router table twice to clean it up (would like to beef up from my 2-1/4 HP Triton but I love the above table lift). Here's a couple of pictures of the finished product.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.