Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a Makita 3601B to use on a router table I want to build... has anyone used the 3601B with a table? I'd hate to buy it then realise it's no good for it. My other router doesn't have a lock on start which is a little annoying.. I don't fancy hardwiring into the table! >_<

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Actually a remote switch is very handy and safer than having to reach under, especially in a pinch. Many mount one under the front edge. I mounted mine on top of my fence. A foot operated switch is an option too.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
If you are going to be doing small to medium projects then this might be a decent choice but if you want something that will handle medium and heavier jobs I would go with a larger route. Also something to consider is the availability of parts, I believe this is one of their models they are replacing and a few of the parts are already not available on some aftermarket sites.

If you have another router that does not have a lock on the on/off trigger you can use a wire tie on the trigger and run it through an on/off switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.