Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

may I ask if any members have a 3 Metre guide rail for their plunge saw and how accurate it is. If any members have two smaller guide rails, then how accurate are they when joined together?

Peteroo

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi

may I ask if any members have a 3 Metre guide rail for their plunge saw and how accurate it is. If any members have two smaller guide rails, then how accurate are they when joined together?

Peteroo
I have three joined together to cut yellow tongue sheets along their length(3.6m). It works well enough for that, I’ve used two joined to cut melamine sheets but used a gecko handle (suction cup) in the centre to hold the middle straight, it worked well too. I’ve found that if you have the board well supported on stools and some timber so it doesn’t bend or twist, and walk along the cut with even pressure on the saw, it cuts adequately for most tasks.

·
Registered
21,698 Posts
I have a Triton saw and three sections of track that can go up to almost 9 feet. It is very straight and makes a nice cut. Make two passes, one a scoring cut, the other a full cut. The Triton track is identical to the Makita. I found that cutting with the sheet goods on a foam base really worked best for me. Cuts look as clean as a table saw, but it is easy to miss-mark or measure off just a bit and therefore no make a completely square cut. When I make a mark with the pencil, I will line up the track on the center of the mark. A carplenter's square is not accurate enough to suit me. Personally, I think the saw is underpowered and too easy to stall. Don't push it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have three joined together to cut yellow tongue sheets along their length(3.6m). It works well enough for that, I’ve used two joined to cut melamine sheets but used a gecko handle (suction cup) in the centre to hold the middle straight, it worked well too. I’ve found that if you have the board well supported on stools and some timber so it doesn’t bend or twist, and walk along the cut with even pressure on the saw, it cuts adequately for most tasks.
Thanks Riverbuilder

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have three joined together to cut yellow tongue sheets along their length(3.6m). It works well enough for that, I’ve used two joined t
I have a Triton saw and three sections of track that can go up to almost 9 feet. It is very straight and makes a nice cut. Make two passes, one a scoring cut, the other a full cut. The Triton track is identical to the Makita. I found that cutting with the sheet goods on a foam base really worked best for me. Cuts look as clean as a table saw, but it is easy to miss-mark or measure off just a bit and therefore no make a completely square cut. When I make a mark with the pencil, I will line up the track on the center of the mark. A carplenter's square is not accurate enough to suit me. Personally, I think the saw is underpowered and too easy to stall. Don't push it.
thanks Tom

o cut melamine sheets but used a gecko handle (suction cup) in the centre to hold the middle straight, it worked well too. I’ve found that if you have the board well supported on stools and some timber so it doesn’t bend or twist, and walk along the cut with even pressure on the saw, it cuts adequately for most tasks.
Thanks Riverbuilder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.