Router Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my 2500 sq. ft. wood shop with almost all my tools. New one is 24 x 30 in my back yard. I added a 6x12 shed on one side to store my camping gear and less clutter in the shop. Got it recaulked and power washed and ready for paint. Inside is insulated, OSB walls, sheet rock ceiling.
Added a water cooler, 18000 btu AC and the big dawg heater will be installed tomorrow.

I went with the Shop Fox air filter and so far it is working well and quiet.
Got some of the new tools purchased but still have not decided on which table saw I will be getting. It is good to finally get at least a work bench in, no telling how many times I have moved stuff around in a circle. I will post up some tools pics soon, it is really nice to start with mostly new tools, other than having to put them together.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Great looking shop Fire . You are certainly more organized than I'll ever never. Looking forward too seeing more pics as things progress :)

Liking the size too . I have 22/26 and would find 30' much better

·
Registered
Theo
6,914 Posts
Looks great now I can go and sit in my 14 X 8 shop and have some big shop envy :frown:
Oh sure, Lord your big shop over me with my 8X12 shop. :frown:

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Congrats on having a really nice sized shop. Mine is 12x24 and I really would love to have that extra 18 feet. Looks great. BTW, I have a Laguna 10 inch Fusion saw that is a really great machine, accurate, available in several variations. 115v or 220, 36 or 52 inch capacity. (almost 8 ft wide for the 52 inch model, and just about $100 more for the extra width.) Plenty of hp even on 115v, and you can order 220 or have it changed later.

Really flat table on mine and pretty easy to move around. Price is nice too for a very good saw. At least give it a look.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
looking good clay...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congrats on having a really nice sized shop. Mine is 12x24 and I really would love to have that extra 18 feet. Looks great. BTW, I have a Laguna 10 inch Fusion saw that is a really great machine, accurate, available in several variations. 115v or 220, 36 or 52 inch capacity. (almost 8 ft wide for the 52 inch model, and just about $100 more for the extra width.) Plenty of hp even on 115v, and you can order 220 or have it changed later.

Really flat table on mine and pretty easy to move around. Price is nice too for a very good saw. At least give it a look.
Thank you. I had not considered a Laguna. I had only looked at the Grizzly 1023, around 1700$, and the Saw Stop which with all the extras will be around 4000$. I pulled up the Laquna at Rockler, 1300$ so it is in my range.
I do not think I will get the 52" this time, just takes up to much room and I bought a Makita track saw to break down sheets. I am gonna do more research on the Laguna, thanks.

How is the dust collection on the Laguna?

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Fire I'm with you on the table saw . I didn't know about track saws , and had I , I would have bought a table saw with a 32-37" fence instead . I could cut my rails down if I had to I guess , but I'm too lazy

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking good. Is that a Craftsman RAS I see? Mine is abiut 35 years old now and going strong.
Yes it is, and commercial grade, my last one which went with the shop was a lighter version and I loved it. Seems to be an age thing with RAS, more older guys seem to like them, or maybe understand them a little better.

This one was given to me by my cousin just before he died this year. Had to clean it up a bit as it had been sitting under a tarp for a while. Looking forward to using it.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,327 Posts
Nice looking shop Clay.

Reactions: fire65

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Glad the move went ok, just call me a green monster now I've seen the size of your workshop. sheesh, suppose I can dream. ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was one good thing about selling all the tools, did not have to move them. Hardest thing to get used to is 8' ceilings, my last shop had 14 feet.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Mine has 9' and almost 6" and I wish I had at least another foot. I think 12' would be just about right. I have a 3 hp Unisaw and it has been a great machine that is around 20 years old now. It's never missed a beat. But if I had to do it again I would give a hard look at the Powermatic 66. I have logs cut into timbers so that I can decide what I need out of them later and I try to make sure that one dimension is 6" which means I can saw from both sides to take a board off and the Unisaw will cut it as fast as I can push it through.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts