Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I would like to buy a 6mm collet for my Makita router. Elaire lists them, but I cannot seem to get them to return email or voicemail messages.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I wonder if any of the members have dealt with them before?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did that same search, Herb, before posting. The only result for what I am looking for was Adam's bits in Australia. Shipping is more than the cost of the collet and slow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am wondering the same thing, Charles. About a month ago, I wrote Elaire to get some info on buying in quantity. I received an immediate reply. When I wrote again to ask how they shipped to Canada and if they would use USPS. the line went dead. I've written twice and phoned once.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Your bio doesn't say just where you are Grant but if you are close to the border you could have it shipped to the other side and go pick it up (once restrictions ease). Kinek.com offers cheap handling to quite a few locations along the border for that and the charges are very reasonable. I had to ship some lithium batteries for my Milwaukee tools that way. You can't ship them over the border or take them on a airplane without risking an international incident but shipping within US borders via USPS was fine so I had them shipped to Oroville, Washington which is the closest point for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tks, Charles. I'm in Ottawa. I do have a US mailing address in Ogdensburg NY, about an hour from me, but these days, of course, it is off limits.

I'm wondering if Elaire is shut down or something. I was exchanging email with them, and seemed to be getting to where I could place an order for my stuff and for 3 other friends. As soon as I mentioned shipping and couriers, all communication stopped. I've tried email and voicemail. I'm looking into UK suppliers now. Shipping is a bit much, though. Makita Canada does not carry them, and they've told me that there is not enough demand for them to bring them in from Makita International. Robotshop in Quebec is very good, but they only stock the imperial measurement collets. So much for Canada being on the metric system, eh? :)

Happy Canada Day, Charles.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tks, Charles, but no. That one is for the Makita GD0600, which is a die grinder. I am looking for one for the RT-0701 router. I asked Makita Canada if they are interchangeable and they are not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.