Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made several 8-sided boxes out of ambrosia maple. In the 2nd photo is a slighter larger one. I took it to a florist and had a silk arrangement put in it. I placed a vase in one of these with flower in it. I'll give it to my wife for Christmas.

I may have already shown you guys the baskets and plants stands that I made earlier out of the same wood.

Malcolm / Kentucky USA

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
those are sweet...
I just know your wife loved them...

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
As always great projects and I'm sure the recipients will love them.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Malcolm, you make the best boxes of anyone I know. I really like looking at them.

May I ask where you buy your lumber for your boxes?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The contrasting joints is made by cutting strips of babinga about .18" thick cut to the width of the board. I glue those to one edge of the board. I then cut the boards to the correct width. On the oppose edge I run that edge of the board through a bird mouth router bit. I have 8-boards that I finish on the inside then glue the boards together.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
as is always expected... nicely done Malcolm!!

I've been looking for some really nice ambrosia for a month now..proving to be quite the task....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.