Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 25 year Granddaughter is in the process of moving out of state. She stop By and wanted to store some stuff in my garage
Well she had with her the doll cradle that my wife and i build for her when she probably two or three years old.
Surprised it was still around and it’s such good shape my wife and myself build each one of are granddaughters a doll cradle of different styles

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that is 1st rate John... KUDOS...

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
I like that ,John, and it has held up over the years,sure looks like she wants to keep it for future use for a great grand child.
Herb

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Beautiful cradle, John...must be a wonderful feeling to see something that beautiful last so long AND that it's appreciated so much as to want to keep it for the future. It must have been grand to think of the fun time you and your wife had in building it. I'm sure you are proud of your granddaughter for the feelings she has for the cradle.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,050 Posts
Brilliant, thanks for showing us.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Nice. And at least a doll won't outgrow one. I've got a rocking chair my folks had made for me - in about 1941/2. Still in great condition. Well made things tend to last.

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Definitely a family heirloom John.

·
Registered
964 Posts
That will probably be passed down a few more times in your family John, beautiful and heartwarming to see how well it was maintained.

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
I like the story as much as the cradle. That is a beautiful toy and I am sure it will get generations of use.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Really nice cradle John. Looks like it is in good hands, I'm sure it will be around for quite a while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts