Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Paul
2,140 Posts
Turned out nice, Alexis. I'm sure your buddy will like it. I wish all deliveries came packed like that. ;-)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Very good job!

I made a box to ship a project/gift a couple of times. I choked on the price it cost to ship them but tjey did arrive in the same shape they. left

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very good job!

I made a box to ship a project/gift a couple of times. I choked on the price it cost to ship them but tjey did arrive in the same shape they. left
Hi, Marco.
I am having the same problem to send a pair of cutting boards to my sons, one to Chile, and the other to the USA.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice. I'll be starting my chess board next week. What lumber did you use. Beautiful board.
Hi, Oscar36.
Thanks for your comments and good luck with your future chessboard.
I used caribbean pine and apamate for the squares of the chessboard. Some cedar surrounds the perimeter and camphor wood from some shipping boxes that I had for the frame.

·
Official Greeter
19,988 Posts
Great job, Alexis.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very Nice! Beautiful work!
What are the sizes of the square blocks? In the future, I will be building one for myself.
Hi Arcola60.
Thank you for the compliments.
Each block is 40mmx40mm but later on, I discovered that there are several rules for the chessboard sizes. For the pieces too.
International associations all over the world set specific measurements for the tournament boards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts