Router Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Official Greeter
Joined
·
18,915 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
"...would prefer to die a more natural death .
So I think I’ll pass .
Good one, Rick!
Lightning is natural. 😄
I haven't researched the deaths, but I will assume each one was because it was still plugged in when they made contact with the juice.
Need to find a failsafe way to unplug the unit, not simply turn off the power with a pretty switch before you are allowed access to the hot stuff.
That and to be sure the electrodes cannot fall onto the floor or contact anything but the workpiece.
I a sure there is a ton of safety measures on the net beyond my ramblings.
 

·
Premium Member
Rick
Joined
·
17,526 Posts
Lightning is natural. 😄
I haven't researched the deaths, but I will assume each one was because it was still plugged in when they made contact with the juice.
Need to find a failsafe way to unplug the unit, not simply turn off the power with a pretty switch before you are allowed access to the hot stuff.
That and to be sure the electrodes cannot fall onto the floor or contact anything but the workpiece.
I a sure there is a ton of safety measures on the net beyond my ramblings.
I believe I read that the incidents involved accidentally touching the electrode . I did that in high school and got the shock of my life one time
 

·
Registered
Theo
Joined
·
7,164 Posts
I've since read about deaths caused by this. And there are quite a few. I never have had any interest in the "designs" these things created, so never had any interest in them from the first. Read about 2 daughters came home from school, discovered their dad dead in the garage from one of these things. Not for me.
 
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Top