21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Words can't describe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You are a very generous person and I look forward to your documentation of your process.

If you are looking forward to expanding your horizon, there are likely needy kids that could use a present under their Christmas tree.

Ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see you take the time to use your talents for what is important to you.
A good steward. Those simple little boxes have character, with simple beauty.
Cool Malcolm.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good on 'ya kywoodchopper ... :smile:

At a time where the press are having a field day with all of the bad news around the planet, it's refreshing to have your faith in human nature reinforced.

Once again, good on 'ya, and very well done

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I could have added...our woodworking club makes wooden toys, or in my case boxes, for little kids for Christmas each year. Generally around 800 to 1,200. These we pass to The Salvation Army to pass out.

Some of the folks that I have given boxes and baskets to - baskets have gone to 3-girls that were raped, the youngest was 4-years old; children who has both parents in prison; numerous kids with cancer; ladies with cancer; one lady had lost 2-young sons to drugs within 4-months; one lady was in an Assisted Living facility and since she was black none of the others would associate with her; two sisters that had breast cancer. We never know what is going on in the world other that what we see on TV. I don't have time for TV.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have had several woodworking friends ask about my technique of making boxes. I just started this morning making two more boxes and I am documenting the technique of doing it.

Someone had asked if I used a bird-mouth bit for the corners. Yes on the long pieces. I will explain all of this in a few weeks.
A super big hand for you and your generosity, Malcolm.
I'll anxiously be waiting for your explanation on box construction.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts