Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,219 Posts
Hi Tom. I had just laid a large area of the back yard with 18x18inch slabs, but they were on a slope so I used what I had left to level up a base . I also left a gap between to lines of slabs to form a drain run off for any excess water and to empty the water tank for cleaning.
NIce solution. We'd put it up outside our patio, against the wall of the house next to the back bedroom. We'd be able to see the plants from the bedroom window. We have water there already. I think my wife will be budgeting for this.

·
Registered
22,219 Posts
I have a fawcet right next to where this would go, so I don't think I need the water tank. And any runoff could be directed to the plants already in that area. Got to watch the water.

Today we asked our once a month gardener to clear a 6 foot circle in our rockscape and to run the irrigation pipe to it. We're going to plant a nice tree there. It's 40 feet from the septic tank, so we need to find something with a deep, rather than a wide root system. It will just be slightly offset from our living room window so it won't block the light and I hope we can find something that won't be thirsty. We have the most expensive water in California--a Canadian investment firm owns the water rights. Gouge, gouge, gouge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts