Router Forums banner

A must have caliper.

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  bobj3 
#1 ·
This caliper has fractional inch reading so it is handy for wood working and it’s dead on accurate. More so than few digitals (none fractional) I’ve tried lately.
It measures thickness, width and depth.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Hi Router

Interesting caliper I see you can read metic also :)
The face looks like 1 1/2" in dia. is that true ,it's a bit hard to tell from the picture should make it easy to read.
I sure like the one(s) I have it's a diag.read out because I use the diag. all the time like .510 unlike the 1/2" read out. :) or if I need metic I just hit the button and I have it.
But it always come out to what you like to use. :) I'm a lazzzzzzy SOB and like the help I get from the diag.type.
I have 3 of them ,one for my pocket that's 4" long then one that 6" long and one that's 12" long ,the 4" one is almost worn out and time to replace it with a new one.:)
I have replace the batterys many times and have dropped it many times but it just keeps on ticking just like a Timex :) :) but it's getting a bit hard to read with all the marks on the face readout.

Router, I have a questing for you you :) where did you get the Brass SetUp bars ? and how much did you pay for them ?,and how long (4" ?) ?,did they come in the box ?, I have a set or two but I'm always looking for new outlets for them. ( I like the 9/16" ,5/8",3/4" not the norm in most sets) looks like you need a 1/16" and then you would have a full set :)

Bj :)

#7 ·
And to think that I spent 20+ years repairing and calibrating precision tools, I never came across a fractional caliper..
Yes in deed, that's why I got excited when I saw this. none of the digi ones I've seen had Frac.

Router, I have a questing for you you where did you get the Brass SetUp bars ? and how much did you pay for them ?,and how long (4" ?) ?,did they come in the box ?, I have a set or two but I'm always looking for new outlets for them. ( I like the 9/16" ,5/8",3/4" not the norm in most sets) looks like you need a 1/16" and then you would have a full set
Hi Bj, they are 3 inches long and the most complete set I’ve seen. I got them from the guy that sells on eBay. They come in the custom tray. Very reasonable price and accurate. I got them for $26 + 4 for shipping. If I remember correctly the buy it now is 34. Still not bad.
Also he only lists them one at a time so if you decide to get a set, don’t get caught up in Bid war with some eBay nerd. He always has them.

His handle is ( Piper591 )

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpiper591QQhtZ-1

Attachments

#10 ·
Hi Router

I'm a cheap SOB, but the next time I think I will look at this one real hard. :)
I got a set from MLCS that was 4" long and cut them in 1/2 so I could have two sets for 23.oo bucks ( 11.50 a set) plus I also have one set that's 4" long for the big bit setups.

Brass Router Height Set-Up Kit #9717,4" long, for 23.00 bucks with free shipping and the 10% off on orders over 50,oo bucks. :)
But it's only 1/8" to 1/2" max.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/routacc1.html

But no link to Grizzly on this one :) :) :)

Bj :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.