Thanks for looking. :)

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Hi Ken,

Oh Man.... How sweet it must be :D

You are going to pass it around and let us try it out aren't you? :big_boss:

That is one awesome looking new toy and I sure hope I see one in my future, but I need to think about my existing Gifkins for now.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. :) I'm hoping to get a lot of use of it. I'm getting "itchy hands & feet", seriously contemplating fighting the cold shop and "playing" with the new "toy" some this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can we have a demonstration on the Jig? I've seen folks use them but I don't think they actually knew what they were doing. Fumbling around alot with the Jig kinda scared me watching them use it. I'd like to see the proper use of the Jig before I think about buying one. Thanks... it's kewl.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Ed

Pickup the video below, Marc will show how to use it the right way and the easy way :) and I'm sure you will say WOW I didn't know it could be that easy to put in dovetails ..

Cabinetmaking Made Easy-Sommerfeld's Tools For Wood

=======
Can we have a demonstration on the Jig? I've seen folks use them but I don't think they actually knew what they were doing. Fumbling around alot with the Jig kinda scared me watching them use it. I'd like to see the proper use of the Jig before I think about buying one. Thanks... it's kewl.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ken,

I am jealous of your new katie-jig...

While viewing your photos I notice that one support is on the table insert (black plate) the other side is resting on the yellow table top.

Is the plate flush with the table top and if not will that mess anything up with regards to alignment or other things like skewed cuts?

Hope you understand what I am asking.
I am wanting to purchase a katie jig or another type but hesitate to do so.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Ken,

Had a chance to make sawdust with it yet?

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paul,

The plate does sit slightly higher than the table top. However, this does NOT effect any of the setups done to the jig. Remember, the cutting is done at the bit. If you sit the jig and leave it on the plate, setup would be no different than a plate that sits flush. The only issue I've encountered with my first attempt with it is, the fingers do like to "catch" on the edge from time to time. My good friend Bj, did point me in a direction that I'm going to try, just haven't purchased the material yet. Teflon tape on the bottom side of the fingers and or plate. It IS well worth the price, just me needs to spend more time an learn the jig better.

Jim,

My first attempt kinda failed due to my own mistake. When the temperature changes, (warms up). I'll be back in the shop to create some dust. I'll be posting some pics soon... I hope. :)

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
I'm sure looking forward to it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ken,

Thanks for the reply! I want to buy this jig but it will have to wait awhile $$$ allocated in different direction right now..

I would like to see some results when you get around to it.. want to drool...

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ken
I like the message about veterans posted through you Gallery. I am a Vietnam Veteran and know exactly the heart and soul of that message. God bless all veterans.
Now about your tool, it looks like you might get perfectly routed parts with this jig, it looks nice.
Ken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts