Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, colleagues.
Some months ago I posted this http://www.routerforums.com/show-n-tell/94914-lamp-forest.html.
Now I have finished the project. During its execution I used several different techniques to make the wooden rings for the lamps shades. Basically I used some wooden scrap which is now mentioned very often in the forum. MDF, pine, cedar, maple, chinese sticks, steel pipe scrap and even plastic lids for butter jars are involved. Digging out in google I found a safety zone for bulbs that I thought could be useful for some of us.
Amazingly, the push buton switches were the most expensive parts for my night lamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of pictures regarding to the process are left in the bin. Here are few more.

Three coats of nitro primer and two coats of poly varnish were applied by my wife.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
That's making something out of almost nothing.

HJ

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
you have some seriously creative talent Alexis..

Attachments

Reactions: OPG3

·
Official Greeter
18,736 Posts
Great result, Alexis...

·
Super Moderator
6,795 Posts
:) Very nicely done Alexis

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Plus 1 what everybody said.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,187 Posts
Very creative, Alexis. Well done.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Alexis my friend, Your creativity never ceases to amaze me as well as numerous others in the Router Forums - as is evidenced by the responses thus far. Your photographic documentation is very good and the step-by-step is extremely well done! Thanks for sharing that. Also, I have never seen that safety chart!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good post on the use of the pipe for shaping the rings. Well done.
Hello, Jon.

Using 3mm MDF was not a problem to make the rings. When I used solid wood I needed to soak the small slats into boiling water to speed up the process. These were nicer than the firsts ones.

In the near future I'll make conical lamp shades using two differents steel pipe diameters that I already have in my garage. Maybe the style will be something different.

Having opinions from Oliver, Angie, Otis, Mike, Stick, you and others is an honor for me. Thank you all.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I'm always impressed by your simple solutions to problems Alexis. Well done.

Reactions: OPG3
1 - 20 of 20 Posts