Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter bought a standard poodle pup about two months ago. She loves dogs and cats as much as any body I have ever seen. I made this sign for her birthday which is in June. I also would like to get her to like me as much as she likes that poodle. :smile:

Wood workers post pictures of their projects on this forum and everyone says how nice it looks. I would like to hear what I could to improve this sign. This is my second sign and I am learning but I want to improve. "Thanks"

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,195 Posts
Great sign, Don. How to improve it? Just show us a picture of her when she gets it. It's gonna' be a giant smile and you will have earned serious "Dad" points.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I agree with Oliver. Don't think there is much you could do to improve on that one.

·
Registered
675 Posts
+1 for Oliver's comment
+1 for Don's comment

I wish my 2nd sign had been that good!!
She's going to love it as much as the she loves you and the dog!

Reactions: BobbyLee

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don. I have to agree with what the others have said. Be proud, you did a great job on that sign. I'm sure your daughter is going to love it and you for being that special Dad...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the nice comments. I have already started another sign for her.

I am going to get that dog knocked down to second place or else. :laugh2: :no:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Great sign, Don. One question. What order did you do the coloring in (white first, then rout, then color the text and graphic) or what? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Both the quote and the foot prints could be moved to the right. The distance between the edge and the quote should be about the same as the distance between the hind paw and the edge. That will make the elements more balanced.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Both the quote and the foot prints could be moved to the right. The distance between the edge and the quote should be about the same as the distance between the hind paw and the edge. That will make the elements more balanced.
I actually had another idea . I think the dogs name could have been bigger instead .
Great job either way

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great sign, Don. One question. What order did you do the coloring in (white first, then rout, then color the text and graphic) or what? Thanks.
Jim I hand painted everything except the border. I taped the sign and sprayed the border with Rustoleum black primer. I am still having problems with my sand paper getting gummed up even when I let it dry for over 24 hours.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ralph; I will keep that in mine for the next project. I do think your right.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually had another idea . I think the dogs name could have been bigger instead .
Great job either way
Rick that is a good idea. THANKS

Suggestions like this help make me and I am sure others a better wood worker.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Jim I hand painted everything except the border. I taped the sign and sprayed the border with Rustoleum black primer. I am still having problems with my sand paper getting gummed up even when I let it dry for over 24 hours.
Thanks, Don. You must have a steady hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts