Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently added a few more "toys" to the ever so small shop. A small note, the craftsman Pro, (Red top), has a fixed and plunged base. The 2 on the back row are the newest ones. The craftsman in back row arrived this Wed. evening. :) Looking forward to making some chips fly with it. :D
If I was asked which one(s) are my fav's. The Makita's win hands down.

I'm also enclosing a pic. of the new sander, (which arrived just yesterday), I wanted when I ended up purchasing the TS.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Ken

I LIKE it :), toys,toys,toys :) :) :)

I don't see a 3" sanding drum you may want to pick up one from Grizzly with some drums,, they are great for truing up stock or you can use the 2" one you have ,it's just like using a jointer with real sharp blades,,comes out clean and true..the drums come in 60 grit. to 240 grit.

=========

Hamlin said:
I've recently added a few more "toys" to the ever so small shop. A small note, the craftsman Pro, (Red top), has a fixed and plunged base. The 2 on the back row are the newest ones. The craftsman in back row arrived this Wed. evening. :) Looking forward to making some chips fly with it. :D
If I was asked which one(s) are my fav's. The Makita's win hands down.

I'm also enclosing a pic. of the new sander, (which arrived just yesterday), I wanted when I ended up purchasing the TS.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob.

I'll be getting a 3" drum soon along with some extra sanding drums, different grits of course. :)

Now, it just boils down to having the time to use the new "toys". :D :D :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice!

$$ regarding the spindle sander?
Another upcoming purchase of mine, I do believe.

At the time of purchase, it was around the $350 range. However, the price has gone up. You're looking at a price of $400.00 on up. As surprising as it was at the time, Sears was actually the cheapest I had found it... at that time. :)

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Ken,

I must have missed this post at the time you put it up. All I can say is you take your "toys" serious. Those are some nice goodies and I especially like the spindle sander :dance3:

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Bob,

Many thanks. :) I just need to find a permanent place for it. I'm constantly having to move it from one spot to another. :D

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Ken,

You are talking to the moving around "expert" when it comes to a small shop. I know the feeling and that is why I have all my big and heavy stuff on wheels :yes4:

Now I got scroll saw fever and trying to figure where in the world I am going to put one :help: I wonder if it ever ends :wacko:

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob,

I've been considering making a small roller cabinet for it. Just haven't gotten around to it... yet. You know how that goes. :lol:;):p:D

LoneStarGuitar,

If I may suggest, take a good look at Grizzly. I'm not disputing George's suggestion. It's reasonably priced. When I got mine, I was looking at table size and ability to angle it plus price. You do have many options available to you. :)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
hi ken,
i love all the toys, but am envious of the spindle sander! i would even love a cheaper substitute! i have a wilton 8 inch disc with a 4 inch belt.

i have my sander, delta 8 inch grinder, metal vise and my kreg master pockethole jig all mounted on plywood so i can take them outside and put them on my cheap Harbor Freight workmate. this way keeps a lot of dust and junk out or my little shop.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Nice toys, only problem now is you can only play with one at a time---I think that's right??!!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I know a faster and cheaper way to get a spindle sander that actually works as well as the Jet, albeit a little louder becasue it has a universal motor

Levon Just give me an address and I will ship it out to you.

Nick

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
hi Nick

let me know if you got my pm

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yep and responded.

Like I said in another thread I am just giving away some tools so watch the threads, as I dig stuff out I will let the word out.

I already have committed to two people, one for the spindle sander and another for a little Delta scroll saw.

In the next week or two I will be giving up some used Ridgid drills to someone., The batteries are the brand new 2.5 ah upgrade batteries, not lithium, but they do work. These Ridgid items are best for the person that already has some Ridgid stuff and this could complement the existing Ridgid items they have. They would not be my go to drills, but not changing bits every time is nice! And the drills themselves are fine.

I am giving the stuff away becasue I have sold so much of the shop on eBay and upgraded already and do not want the hassle.. The remaining tools although working are just not worth the ebay fees I pay and working with someone I do not know.

I thought some guys here on the forum could put them to good use and maybe I could see some results with the tools and make some more friends. In the future who knows maybe it will come back to me if someone see's a little piece if wood I may not have in my collection, etc and send it to me.

Although my tools are used they are kept in working order and I would not send them if I did not think paying shipping was worth it.
I basically will monitor threads and when I see someone can use a tool I will probably throw up a post up in the thread.

The only thing I want in return is someday whoever gets my tools may see their way to sending someone else something they do not need anymore, even if it is 20 years from now. We woodworkers need to stick together.

Nick

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
thanks Nick,

i will keep an eye out for your posts. it takes so long to accumulate all the tools one needs for woodworking when it is a hobby and youre not doing it everyday.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have a long list of what I still want. I find my list will never be complete as I always find something new I would like to have.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
i know what you mean Nick, everytime i start to do some new small project, i find there is some tool or bit that i need . sometimes i use something else, but at times you have to break down and buy what you have to have to do the project.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts