Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang, another project in the works. This one is getting moved to the top of the pile so we can get it done ASAP. A friend of ours has ordered two yard art Stars for her grand daughter. She is a little one and this is her first year in cheer leading. I think these are 5-6 year olds. :smile:

So the plan is to cut two stars out of a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood. The star will be basically 36 inches high and wide. So cut it out, sand smooth, and run the router around all edges with a little round-over bit. Then attach a stake to the back and paint it with a good coat of Zinser primer.

It will be up to them to paint the final coat and add her name.

Note: I can actually get three of the stars out of one sheet so, If the first two turn out nice, someone else may want one also! :grin:

No pics yet, just a basic Sketchup layout.
More to come.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,795 Posts
Mike
keep the other star for yourself for all good things you do for others!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
WTG! The little lady will be most happy and proud. The things we do for our grandkids. Two gold stars for you, grandpa! Looking forward to pictures of the project.

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Watching paint dry - BORING! :surprise::grin:

Well, they are ready for pickup. The project went pretty smooth.
I made three of the stars by cutting a piece of 1/2 inch x 4 x 8 plywood into three pieces 32 inches square.

I wish I cut cut a straight line with my jig saw. I had to do a little sanding to straighten out the edges. Then I rounded the edges with the ROS. I made stakes from lumber I had on hand and screwed them to the stars with deck screws. The stake can be replaced if it rots.

I hope to get them to our friend tomorrow or Sunday.

Note: I must have been on a roll, because I took the time to cobble up a jig so I could cut the points on the stakes.

Onward to the next project.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro
Mike
keep the other star for yourself for all good things you do for others!

Agree totally with Semipro! At this age, moments like this are unpayable. So you deserve your stars too, Mike!!!!
Sid.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts