Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes this is my workshop. Ten by ten feet of tools. The rest of the basement is rec room. Sorry if my drill press looks like a Cylon Raider from Battlestar Galactica, but I didn't plan it that way. In this little area I turn out my projects. The cheapo vac system on my router table works fine. Sometimes I use the hose on my router fence, sometimes under the table. Does anyone know where I could get a Y shaped thingee to connect two 1 1/2" Shop Vac hoses?

Gary

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Thanks for sharing Gary :)

This looks like my granddad's shop when I was just a young boy, and I loved it all, the smells of fresh cut wood ,glue,paint,etc. he could tell you where every bolt and nut was and he got me started in woodworking :) if I didn't put the tool right back in the same spot I was told so real quick :), he didn't have to many power tools other than a Black & Decker drill that was as big horse and just about as hvy. he had a drop cord hanging down from the roof to plug the drill into and I was to short to plug it into the cord, let alone pickup the drill :),he made just about everything out of 1/4" plywood and some hardwood.
It's funny how pictures ring bells and I haven't recalled that for a long ,long time I could go on and on what he and I made in that great shop.

Again thanks for sharing :)
----------------------
"where I could get a Y shaped thingee to connect two 1 1/2" "
I'm sure you can find one in the plumping dept.at Home Depot or Lowes that you can rework to fit your system. ( PVC pipe)
-------------------

Bj :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Gary

wife, same on this end, I some what of a nut when it comes to my tools, I line all the tools in my tool boxes up by size,type,etc. and my wife gets on my butt all the time in HER kitchen about the silverware,plates,etc. "if you use a tool in MY kitchen put it back in the same way...and in the same place" :) :)
Can't live with them can't live without them :) :)

But we both take the bathtub test now and then to keep things in check. :)
------------------------
The Bathtub Test

It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at your self from time to time,
and this should help get you started.

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what
the criterion was which defined whether or not a patient should be
institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, and then we offer a
tea spoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty
the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the
bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug.
Do you want a bed near the window?"

-------------------------

Bj :)

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Thanks for the pics Gary, looks like you got everything you need in there maybe more. Always nice to see others shops. Thanks for posting...

Bob, that's a good one! Now if I could just get my 21 year old to put something back where he got it that would be soooo nice.. 10 year old daughter can but my son can't!

Corey

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 93 year old next door neighbor is a woodworker and he sometimes borrows a tool from me and I have to make sure he doesn't forget that he borrowed one. Since I don't have room for a table saw, he usually cuts my big pieces and guess what?, he only has one good eye,he still drives,he bowls on a team and I have to watch over him when he measures for a cut. I'm sure gonna miss him some day.

Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.