Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my friend finished her first show where she sells her book and artwork, I suggested she display one copy of the book vertically to attract attention, rather than having them all flat on the table. Since I had done the design and layout of her book, l was able to use one of the vector art elements to design a simple knock-down stand, and cut it out with the CNC.

The hand is 1/4” baltic birch plywood, and the support leg was from a piece of 1/4” pine I must have purchased at a craft store. It still needs some clear finish. I’ll let her decide if she wants to paint it.

A really quick little project.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,205 Posts
Give that man a ****. Thumbs up. Fun! And a good item for sale to book stores and as a fundraiser for libraries. And a great and handy stand for a tablet. Two of em and you have a music stand. Close the fingers as in prayer and you have a church item to hold a Bible or other holy book. Make 'em big for heavy stuff.

No CNC? Double stick tape the edges of 6-10 layers of thin wood together and cut them on a band saw. Drill a couple of holes to put pegs in each hand so they stand up. Or cut an angled slot in a block of wood and insert the wrists so they stand up. Glue would hold them in place forever.

Have a crafty person paint finger nails with fancy designs and make them available as a jewelry display. Make fine, delicate hands for this and make sure a size 6 ring fits nicely. Taper the fingers and have the size six fit on the longest joint (as in engagement ring location). Drape gold chains through the fingers. Extend the wrist and put bracelets on it. Mount the hand horizontally for display insice a showcase.

Resaw some scrap wood thin and make em from reclaimed pallets. Sell em on Amazon. cut out the amazon smile in the palm and see if Amazon wants to feature it?

That Oliver-man does he have a great imagination or what!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Give that man a ****. Thumbs up. Fun! And a good item for sale to book stores and as a funraiser for libraries. And a great and handy stand for a tablet. Two of em and you have a music stand.

No CNC? Double stick tape the edges of 6-10 layers of thin wood together and cut them on a band saw. Drill a couple of holes to put pegs in each hand so they stand up.

Resaw some scrap wood thin and make em from reclaimed pallets. Sell em on Amazon. cut out the amazon smile in the palm and see if Amazon wants to feature it?

That Oliver-man does he have a great imagination or what!
You have some pretty good ideas there yourself, Tom!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.