Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, Eric isn't my real name, but only because I get deluged by junk email. I live in Bristol (pronounced 'bristle' by the locals) UK, and I work in IT although my mind is often elsewhere...

... currently waiting on a new table to be delivered from Axminster, and an aluminium mounting plate, both for my new Trend T11. Previously had a Performance Power (Chinese low cost from a DIY shed here) 1/2" 1200W router, mainly table mounted, and an elderly but much loved Bosch POF500 1/4" that did practically everything else, including occasional freehand carving (I do NOT recommend this!). Both are getting long in the tooth, so I've just spent my Christmas present!

Main uses until now have been DIY. Space is a premium in this part of the world, and I haven't been able to set up a workshop, although I have a useful collection of tools. The other toy I've indulged in is a dovetail jig and a fine comb for it to let me do box joints. The first few projects will be boxes, cases and drawers for tools!

<later>

Axminster delivery has arrived!

If you're interested, the table is part # 700349, with the matching aluminium insert. I can't post a URL at the moment, but google and their search engine ought to do it. They threw in a no-volt switch, which was nice - I was going to use the ordinary switch from my old el-cheapo table, but now don't have to.

I can't unpack it for a few hours as I have 'chores' to do (work!), but I did check the contents of the extras in the delivery. The fine dovetail comb looks good, but I'm dead nervous running a 5/16" bush on a 1/4" shank cutter. We'll see.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, Eric isn't my real name, but only because I get deluged by junk email. I live in Bristol (pronounced 'bristle' by the locals) UK, and I work in IT although my mind is often elsewhere...

... currently waiting on a new table to be delivered from Axminster, and an aluminium mounting plate, both for my new Trend T11. Previously had a Performance Power (Chinese low cost from a DIY shed here) 1/2" 1200W router, mainly table mounted, and an elderly but much loved Bosch POF500 1/4" that did practically everything else, including occasional freehand carving (I do NOT recommend this!). Both are getting long in the tooth, so I've just spent my Christmas present!

Main uses until now have been DIY. Space is a premium in this part of the world, and I haven't been able to set up a workshop, although I have a useful collection of tools. The other toy I've indulged in is a dovetail jig and a fine comb for it to let me do box joints. The first few projects will be boxes, cases and drawers for tools!

<later>

Axminster delivery has arrived!

If you're interested, the table is part # 700349, with the matching aluminium insert. I can't post a URL at the moment, but google and their search engine ought to do it. They threw in a no-volt switch, which was nice - I was going to use the ordinary switch from my old el-cheapo table, but now don't have to.

I can't unpack it for a few hours as I have 'chores' to do (work!), but I did check the contents of the extras in the delivery. The fine dovetail comb looks good, but I'm dead nervous running a 5/16" bush on a 1/4" shank cutter. We'll see.
Not Eric. Welcome to the forum; there are many here who can assist you getting what you want to do with a router. Just a reminder; there is more that can be achieved when the router is held in the plunge mode, check out the material below.
Tom
(Template Tom)

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Welcome, Not Eric. Hope you find the forum fun and informative.
Gene (AKA Not Penelope)

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
hi tom,

im missing the "material below" is there supposed to be a link?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.