Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Mike
3,960 Posts
If you plan on doing a lot of these type signs then 4D's suggestion of a vacuum torsion box would be a good way to go. It would be easy for you to make one yourself just check YouTube and you will find several ideas on the subject.

· Registered
Mike
3,960 Posts
If you go with double stick tape you need to make sure both surfaces are clean of dust. I don't recommend carpet tape because of cleanup issues. I use what they call turners tape, it is made with crape paper and special adhesives that usually come off clean. The plastic bond side there would not be any problem with, it is the bed side that you need to make sure it is flat and clean. I use it on small parts when I am cutting them out of small pieces that have little or no clamping area. I have never had a problem with it coming loose. I also use it for template routing.

If I were doing a lot of plastic routing I would make a small vacuum system that fit the project I would be cutting.

1 - 2 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.