Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As Christmas is fast approaching and I do not need any more robes and slippers I figured i would do my own shopping.
Added a Vega fence to my old craftsman saw. Easy to install only had to adjust the rear rail, needed a new hole and had to cut out a slot for the spreader.

and a PSI dust collector.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/DC2V3CF.html

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
As Christmas is fast approaching and I do not need any more robes and slippers I figured i would do my own shopping.
Added a Vega fence to my old craftsman saw. Easy to install only had to adjust the rear rail, needed a new hole and had to cut out a slot for the spreader.

and a PSI dust collector.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/DC2V3CF.html
Those are really nice gifts, its good having an inside track to Santa.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Smart purchase Ed. Even a fairly mediocre saw can perform wonderfully with a top quality fence on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only did a few test cuts with fence but happy with it. Still checking both side of blade with ruler but this is well aligned and does not seem to need readjustment like the old fence.:smile:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Very worthwhile and cost-effective improvements. A setting holding and repeatable robust fence is vital for working with the table saw.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
And you think those are better than slippers and a robe?????

You betcha!!!!!

HJ

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
I've seen the fence before and thought it looked even more sturdy than my Bies .
Nice additions Ed ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
GREAT additions to your shop Ed!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
yur gonna like that fence .. a lot...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Worked with the saw and new fence today and I am happy with it. I was a little hesitant about putting the fence on a $65. saw but I guess the old saying is wrong. You can make a silk purse out of a sows ear:laugh2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts