Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually built this jig, mostly, for the 45 degree feature. I wanted to not have to adjust my saw to the 45* angle for cutting mitered corners for box making as it is difficult to get an exact 45 without a lot of test cuts. It can also be adjusted to 90*, or anything in between, for cutting tenons. I found this jig on the Jointech sight and thought it would be perfect to use with my cross-cut sled. Once you have it set to the angle you want you don't need to fool with it again. It can be clamped onto the sled when needed or removed when not without having to mess with your saw settings other than maybe depth of cut. I attached the PDF plans for those who have a crosscut sled and might want to build one of these. There are also plans for a crosscut sled you can download at Jointech.com.

Machine Tool Table Toolroom Combination machine

Tool accessory Wood

Tool Tool accessory Workbench Machine

Workbench Tool Machine Tool accessory Mortiser

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I like it!!! and ohhhhhhhhhhh the possibilities with that.

thanks George...very cool.

not a bad lookin' sled to boot! :)

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
A big thanks to you George! I have been trying to get around to making one of these for a good while, but never seem to do it. Now with pdf file in hand, I have no excuse ;)

Nice job on the one you made.

btw... you have the same dust collector as me except you have some interesting modifications I would be interested in seeing more detail of. If you get time, could you share some better shots of it?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it!!! and ohhhhhhhhhhh the possibilities with that.

thanks George...very cool.

not a bad lookin' sled to boot! :)
Thanks, Bill. Although I do have another sled that I made I can't claim this one. I bought it from Appalachia Tools on E-Bay a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
A big thanks to you George! I have been trying to get around to making one of these for a good while, but never seem to do it. Now with pdf file in hand, I have no excuse ;)

Nice job on the one you made.

btw... you have the same dust collector as me except you have some interesting modifications I would be interested in seeing more detail of. If you get time, could you share some better shots of it?
Thanks, Bob. The DC is just a 1hp Delta that I upgraded with the 5 micron filter and replaced the cloth bottom bag with plastic ones. The upgrades seemed to really help the dust collection, but they cost as much as the original. I also, just recently, added a Dust Deputy to the mix.
Here are a couple of shots of the "upgraded" Delta DC...

Machine

Machine Technology Room Wire Electrical wiring

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Thanks for the PDF, I just added the Dust Deputy to my HF system. It is amazing that so little dust makes it the HF collection bag. I am going to do a write up on it shortly. I did one twice, hit the wrong key and it was gone. :mad::mad: ugh :shout: I want to use the same filter on the Jet 650 that I just recently picked up, but that will be a while coming I think, seems I have spent my limit for the next little while. (per :big_boss:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.