Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi Randy and welcome to the forum!

Ask ten people round here what the best router is and you're likely to get 12 answers! I suppose it might help if you could let us know what sort of work you intend to do, if this is/will be your only router and what sort of budget you'd like to set. Personally I'd go for a home-made table and my choice of router would be a 1/2in plunge router with a fine adjuster if I were limited to a single router

Regards

Phil

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Randy, the best router and table are the ones you are comfortable with. Here is a big secret that companies do not want you to know: They all work! From a $60 Skil to an $850 Festool all have one thing in common; they all spin the bits. If you are just starting out the 1-1/2 hp Craftsman combo kit is a real value at about $100. This gives you a fixed base for table mounting and a plunge base for free hand work. Read the sticky thread at the top of the table mounted routing section for instructions on how to build a very useful table top. This will get you started. If you are like most of us you will end up with more than one router; BJ owns enough to start his own store!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hello, Randy, I have a nice cast iron table with some extra stuff to go with it..Also have a Porter Cable router which I bought for this table but has yet to be used ,will make Ya a good deal if interested send me a P.M. So far I would say Portet Cable is prolly My favorite router being I own 3 of them but I also have a Ridgid palm router which I really like and was lucky enough to use Today....

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Selling due only to space and have 2 tables... My original idea was to have 2 tables so I could work and dedicate one toa specicfic task when working on projects, but have found I really need the space more.... I have a few pictures on this da&*0^&^^(* computor and caNNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THEM ON THIS FORUMN....Every thing that I have tried does not work, I used to move pictures all over on my work laptop, but this one for some reason will not do it...Sorry

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Warren

It can be a PITA to post pictures sometimes, just have Randy add his email address ( to his Randy Thompson's Profile ) and you can send him the picture(s) or send them to me via.email and I will try and post them for you.. :)

====

Selling due only to space and have 2 tables... My original idea was to have 2 tables so I could work and dedicate one toa specicfic task when working on projects, but have found I really need the space more.... I have a few pictures on this da&*0^&^^(* computor and caNNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THEM ON THIS FORUMN....Every thing that I have tried does not work, I used to move pictures all over on my work laptop, but this one for some reason will not do it...Sorry

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Maybe the pictures are too large for forum requirements. If so use a photo program to resize them or save a copy for e-mail or web.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Randy, I sent You some pics through e-mail let me know if recieved

1 - 9 of 9 Posts