Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have to install a beech stave worktop in our kitchen. It's 40mm thick and will have a kick in the end so it will go down from approx 600mm to 500mm width over a distance of 30 cm. If I just rout it to shape ill end up with a lot of v edges on the front. On a fibreboard and melamine top you'd just cut and join. Anyone with experience like to advise? At the momeny I'm thinking of citing the angle and the glueing a piece of beech to the front to avoid a lot of v endings.
Thanks
Ps I'm not metric really but the stuff you buy in the uk is!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll do a drawing!

ps sorry about mistypings in the original post. I wrote it on a phone. it should be 'cutting' not 'citing'.

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Hi John, I have difficulty visualising all these v edges.

If you use a straight cutter ...?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took me a while to be near a scanner

Hi John, I have difficulty visualising all these v edges.

If you use a straight cutter ...?
but I've attached a pdf here which should describe the problem. I just want to know if there is an industry 'standard' solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dan

Hey, John; if you're talking about the end grain at the mitred end, how about running something like a contrasting wood or 'Corian' edge all around the exposed perimeter?
Even a beech edge run continuously would look good.
Here's some ctrtop edge pics ...unfortunately not shown with wood work surface.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Cori...MNYH_oQT6loLgDA&ved=0CB0QsAQ&biw=1112&bih=532
your google search was a good clue. By adapting it I found loads of stave beech counter tops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts