Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the kit for about AUD200 in 2013 because I wanted to control the speed of my Scroll Saw, drill presses and the wood lathe motors that have single speed induction motors.

Finally, I finished constructing and tested.

Works well on Scroll saw and 2 drill presses.
Could not work on my Wood lathe.

3 out of 4 machines is NOT BAD.

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Microcontroller

Jaycar no longer sell this kit. Altronics still has it but now sells for AUD345.

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The advantage of this kit is that you can ALSO run & speed control a 415V 3-phase motor from 240V Single phase power supply by just rewiring the motor from STAR to DELTA configuration. Clock-wise and Counter clock-wise rotation is also supported.

Font Parallel Triangle Slope Rectangle

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
With the "1.5kW Induction Motor Speed Controller" I could ONE DAY replace the more than 60 years old motor of my ELU DC180 lathe with a 1 HP 3-phase motor that today cost below AUD200 brand new and gain variable and slower RPMs instead of just shifting the belt on the 3 existing pulley ratios. Motor had sometimes started in reverse before but I only needed to replace the start-run capacitor. This controller does not support 1-phase motors with start-run capacitor or has a centrifugal switch.

ONE speed controller for many machines is the most economical way.

Product Automotive tire Wheel Font Circle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts