Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a heavy piece of furniture, a display case that I'll be using on my next Christmas present project and snapped my bicep. Surgery on the Monday the 19th. I hate typing one handed and trying to find a new sleeping position.

Just thought I'd mention it,

Bryan

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
bummer...
get better now.. ya hear...

Reactions: bryansong

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
OW Bryan!!!! :crying: Hoping all goes well with the surgery!!!

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,327 Posts
Best of luck Bryan. That had to hurt.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Darn! Sucks to be you!

Hope you're back at it as soon as possible. You and Mike can both watch videos, online shop, and exchange ideas while you're both down.

HJ

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
I picked up a heavy piece of furniture, a display case that I'll be using on my next Christmas present project and snapped my bicep. Surgery on the Monday the 19th. I hate typing one handed and trying to find a new sleeping position.

Just thought I'd mention it,

Bryan

Hope you have a speedy recovery, Bryan...

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Sorry to hear this Bryan . Recently an employee was merely lifting himself on a dock and tore his .
He's debating not to fix it , and you can see his bicep has slipped upwards on his arm .

Hope you have a speedy recovery :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Bad things can happen in the blink of eye. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Bryan.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear this Bryan. Like others, I too hope surgery goes well.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
First off, hope all goes well with the surgery and you get back to "almost normal"...

I tore the heck out of my bicep tendon in 1998...so much so that surgery was not an option. I've learned to live with it by using my tricep instead...easier than it sounds. All it takes is to do as much as possible palm down...it's second nature now. I kinda have the Popeye look in my right arm but before he ate his spinach.

Be very careful and go slow...every day you spend resting and healing it after surgery is one more day of enjoyment later. Remember...palm down...

Best...

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery Bryan. I found I had to place limits on myself a few years ago. I picked up my woodworking bench from one end, lifted it shoulder high and carried through the entry door to my garage. I kicked the door closed and set the bench in the corner behind the door. In the process I dislocated my left shoulder. It took me almost a year to heal up from that and get my full range of motion back.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tough luck, Brian. Stay positive and catch up with your you tube, etc., research. Stay focused on the rehab. We're pullin' fer' ya.
Roy, your on to something there, I'm sure I can use some Youtube time and plan how I'm going to finish this project (after I heal).

·
Registered
Paul
1,859 Posts
Sorry to hear about your injury, Bryan. Get better soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts