Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I agree with John, sounds like the spindle is bad. Or maybe the VFD is bad. Can you just run the spindle by itself and see if it does the same thing? I'd run it for 5-10 minutes to check that.

David
I agree. Go to MDI tab and type in M3 S10000 and hit enter. Spindle will run by itself. Unfortunately, problem may or may not show up without a load on it. One other thing to check would be all the wiring connections to make sure they are tight. A loose or bad connection could do the same thing.

Dave

·
Registered
501 Posts
The spindle runs fine with MDI, and VFD wiring also looks fine (did not rewire). It only happens and re-occurs with one particular g-code file but I don't see anything wrong with it, no M5 or other insertions. I think this file is somehow corrupt. I now always use Vector Validator to make sure geometry is right. Don't know if incomplete geometry can cause this kind of problem.
Willing to look at file if you want to post or email. Doubt that "incomplete geometry" would cause the spindle to stop.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.