Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, and I know I am way over thinking all this stuff, I had my Mega V running what I refer to as "AIR", programs set up in V carve pro, there was no bit installed in any of them, just letting it run through circles, squares, stars, etc. to see how it was going to do. It did great, smooth as silk, quiet as a mouse as well. :) I actually was surprised how well it did . My assembly process was way over thought as well, it took me way to long to assemble it, trying to double - triple check everything so far that paid off, and I am with the extra effort to see it running so well thus far. Bout half way through, I almost took everything apart when I realized I did not have to, ;)
My QUESTION :
I would really like to begin my project more to the middle of the bed, instead of the left corner, at least pushing it to the right more to set my piece up. It was running very close to the limit switch in X, I watched it closely.
To get this happen I think I just need to use the offset in datum, and adjust accordingly to the area farther to the right, using the numbers to be exact to start there every time .

Thank you,
Have a blessed day,
Ray

·
Registered
100 Posts
What are you using as your CAM/CAD software, Ray?

Are you using UGS as your gcode sender?

I use VCarvePro as my cad/cam software and UGS as my sender. In VCP, set my datum as the centre of my piece. When I place the piece on the bed, I jog to the centre and hit "reset zero" in UGS. The project runs from the centre.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.