I recently retired to do what I always wanted: Invent easier, simpler, and cheaper ways ways to do woodworking. College educated in natural sciences and mathematics, self taught mechanics, machinist, piping, instrumentation, electrical, and woodworking. The following is a list of accomplishments:
1) A computer generated strip of paper added to a Dewalt 735 hand wheel guarantees 0.002" thickness accuracy without a DRO.
2) A horseshoe magnet added to a drill press stop rod eliminates a jam nut.
3) A bungy chord keeps your chuck key safe and handy.
4) A remote DRO added to the SawStop carriage guarantees 0.001" depth accuracy without trial cuts.
5) Two old Rockwell saw tables yield a dual spindle router table for matched pair routing without changing bits.
6) A converted slot mortiser serves as a horizontal/angle router table, dowel drill, finger jointer, and mortiser on unlimited length stock.
7) Simple PVC pipe cap eliminates 90% of bandsaw dust.
8) Working...Having supply chain issues getting necessary materials and tooling.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to router and woodworking professionals and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about different types of routing and routers, shop safety, finishing, woodworking related topics, styles, tools, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!