1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
help yurself

·
Registered
928 Posts
This is a question which is best never asked.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Joe, have you considered how you plan to power 5 routers running simultaneously? Interesting idea, but maybe a little bit bent! :wacko:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Joe, have you considered how you plan to power 5 routers running simultaneously? Interesting idea, but maybe a little bit bent! :wacko:
Hmmm .... No, I hadn't. However ...

"2.25-HP, 12-amp motor, 8,000 to 25,000-RPM most powerful in its class"

It looks like I would need five dedicated 15A circuits! That is do-able. My shop will have a 400 Amp service. :nerd:

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is no way that I would want 5 router heads all turning 20000 rpm at the same time, I have enough to do to keep track of the one!

It will be the one head I wasn't watching that would fling my work across the room, or manages to take a bite out of my hand...

I do hope it works out for you if you do this...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is no way that I would want 5 router heads all turning 20000 rpm at the same time, I have enough to do to keep track of the one!

It will be the one head I wasn't watching that would fling my work across the room, or manages to take a bite out of my hand...

I do hope it works out for you if you do this...
Where is your sense of adventure?! People used to start airplane engines by hand!

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Five of the INCRA Master Lift devices would be awesome. Whew! $2K for them, shipped. UGH. Retirement is expensive!
Your only here once .
I always say , why save up for a rainy day when you could be hit by a bus tommorow .
And if that day comes and your homeless and destitute , find that bus :|

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I use to work in a wood craft warehouse in Utah, back when I lived in Provo. We had 10 router tables all going at once, and no guards or safety devices on the bits, since the wood craft items were all cut out by bandsaw and then hand routed to round off the edges. Just 10 1/4-round bits sticking up in the air with a bearing at the top of each one!

The router area of the shop was the loudest area. The sanders were next, and we had a dust collector the size of a 727.

I was a bandsaw operator. I cut little wooden ducks, bears, cows and such out of 1-1/2" pine wood after the patterns were stamped onto the planks. Knots were avoided, so sometimes the yield was greater, when a higher quality load of wood arrived.

I cannot count the number of times I sliced my thumb pads open on that blade. At first it was traumatic, but after several times, I'd just wash it, pinch it closed, tape it up and go back to work. I think I changed my thumbprints on that job!

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
I cannot count the number of times I sliced my thumb pads open on that blade. At first it was traumatic, but after several times, I'd just wash it, pinch it closed, tape it up and go back to work. I think I changed my thumbprints on that job!
Joe your ten times the man I'll ever be . I get a sliver and run around the neighbourhood screaming like a little girl :fie:

Thankfully my closest neighbour is a nurse :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
My sense of adventure mostly dealt with running into burning buildings for 30 years, but now that I'm retired, I have three woodworking goals:

1- Buy big boards, make little boards
2- Make LOTS of sawdust
3- Be able to count to 10 at the end of the day

Everything else is gravy ;)

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
" My shop will have a 400 Amp service." *shock*
Whoa! That's a small apartment building...
How many peeps you have working there?

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Reactions: RainMan 2.0
1 - 20 of 72 Posts