Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself to the community. I am an artist that designs and builds mechanical art, more specifically automata. These pieces of mechanical art typically replicate human motion and tell a story through the movement of the elements. Components are both found and produced and made from a multitude of materials. Wood is one of the primary materials used and a router is one of the primary tools. My uses will not likely be typical of the woodworking community, but I hopefully will be able to provide some useful information. I certainly will be looking for members to help me out when I'm trying to develop a solution to a construction dilemma.

Thanks,
Jimi D.
American Automata

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself to the community. I am an artist that designs and builds mechanical art, more specifically automata. These pieces of mechanical art typically replicate human motion and tell a story through the movement of the elements. Components are both found and produced and made from a multitude of materials. Wood is one of the primary materials used and a router is one of the primary tools. My uses will not likely be typical of the woodworking community, but I hopefully will be able to provide some useful information. I certainly will be looking for members to help me out when I'm trying to develop a solution to a construction dilemma.

Thanks,
Jimi D.
American Automata
Welcome to the forum, Jim

Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Jim and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Doug. Good to be a member. You can follow works in progress at americanautomata.net. I'm starting a new piece this week for a show in Tennessee. It's called "Man as Machine". You can see the 2-D illustration on my website under Projects, Gallery Collection.

Again, great to meet you and be part of a very friendly group. I'll also probably need some guidance down the road.

Cheers,
Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts