Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
That was interesting Harry. I'll have to see if it's available here and how much.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would love to hear some feedback from anyone who uses it. Certainly from the video it looked very usable. Artie

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I can't get it in Canada. Available on Amazon in the States for $55 per tube + $8 shipping. I don't have anything that special that I need it for.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
That is expensive for an adhesive. The former owners of our house used Liquid Nails on brick and cement block. I pulled off a board in the basement that had a lawn tool rack on it. Pulled off the cement and now I have two dimples in the block. That is strong. For woodworking, I use Titebond III for the most part and CA glue on some others.
Harry, thanks for the video. Interesting what chemistry can do nowadays.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Over many years John I've used construction grade liquid nails with brilliant results.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
So have I and Stick also. Liquid Nails is pretty good but I personally prefer PL400 through PL Premium grades of general purpose adhesive. PL 400 is the subfloor adhesive and can bridge a 3/8" gap, something that T3, PU glue, and other carpenter's glues can not do and it can also be applied at near freezing and onto wet lumber and still stick. Plus it is waterproof, not just water resistant. My son used to use the Premium to make speaker boxes out of mdf and I had to sledge hammer a couple apart that he never finished and left behind.

Reactions: harrysin
1 - 7 of 7 Posts