Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Less than $3.00 for one circuit? It sure will be popular as a trainer plane!

·
Registered
Theo
6,930 Posts
If I liked to fly anymore, I'd take this one any day of the week.

·
Registered
813 Posts
A beauty. I'm not totally sold on electric propulsion for an airplane but if they want a test pilot I'm willing. Most flying in small GA aircraft is in hops around the local airport but with careful planning you could extend your trips out & back. My old CHAMP had "0" electrical but was a joy to fly. There are several companies out their working on their version of an E plane. One ultralight that I would love to have to play with. Private aircraft are for recreation and I will stick with Delta for the long trips. I would suggest some glider/sailplane training for anyone considering this aircraft. Thanks to Harry for sharing.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
They were really talking about 45 minute duration, -takeoff and -landing (pattern), that doesn't leave much time in the air. I'm surprised no one's worked out a generator/battery hybrid to extend that time. It looks like it was designed in part to eliminate as much drag as posible. Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Less than $3.00 for one circuit? It sure will be popular as a trainer plane!
I can almost guarantee you it will be quite a while before our FAA allows them to be used for training new pilots. They move pretty slow when it comes to new technology.

·
Registered
813 Posts
They were really talking about 45 minute duration, -takeoff and -landing (pattern), that doesn't leave much time in the air. I'm surprised no one's worked out a generator/battery hybrid to extend that time. It looks like it was designed in part to eliminate as much drag as posible. Thanks for posting this.
Tom: the company has a conventionally powered model. Nice airplane. Saw an add a while back where they cut power over the Alps and it is quite the glider too. I'll take one if they want a pilot to fly them about for advertisement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts