Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's is a replica of the famous Chinese painting "Along The River During The Quinming Festival" created by artist Zhang Zeduan during the Song Dynasty..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
It is astonishing how much detail there is in this. I wonder if it is carved solid, or if the figures have been carved separately and added in?

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is astonishing how much detail there is in this. I wonder if it is carved solid, or if the figures have been carved separately and added in?
This is a wooden carved sculpture. Made with a single tree trunk, it has been recognized as the world's longest wood carving by the Guinness Book of World Records.

The sculpture contains over 550 individually carved people. Not to mention all the buildings and foliage.

It's is a replica of the famous Chinese painting "Along The River During The Quinming Festival" created by artist Zhang Zeduan during the Song Dynasty..

This mind-blowing artwork was created by Zheng Chunhui and took four years to complete.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
That's just incredible , just can't get over the detail and the labour that must have been involved .
Good find Herb

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
yowzer!!!!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Bet he used a Dremel tool. lol I saw a coffee table that depicted a village in India. The table was a three dimensional carving; table was about 48X48 and 8-10 inches deep. Amazing!

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Unreal.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Just amazing!
A couple of YouTube vids on the subject...

a little narrative:

and yet something similar by another artist based on the same festival:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts