Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as requested. It still needs eyes and I cant find any suitable size at the moment.

about 9" long and 6" high, made from beech, walnut, and birch ply.

the large lump in pic three is the piece I cut out for the money. I thought about perspex sides, but I think money boxes should be secret. Theres a hatch in the bottom of the belly secured with two wood screws so it needs determination to raid it.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
You could use this tool The Plugger® by Veritas® - Lee Valley Tools To make eyes Bob. You drill a hole with it and insert a dowel that has been sharpened with a pencil sharpener. Use a light coloured wood for the white of the eye and a smaller pointed dowel for the dark part. One of the things I bought it for was making dots on a burl clock to represent the hour locations.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,228 Posts
You always do really nice stuff, Bob. My finger's getting sore from pressing the "Like" button.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Nice bank. You have gone hog wild with this one. I like the contrasting woods and the nice finish. ***?

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Yep, definitely need eyes. When I first saw it I thought the ears were wings, and the theme was, when pigs fly.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.

yes, wipe on poly is my go to finish. I cant find any other finish that gives me the gloss that I like to see on wood.

Cheales, Interesting idea on the plugger, but I want a glass shiny finish on the eyes, i have the ladies of the area searching their button baskets. I need the size of a blouse cuff button.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Nice job as usual Bob.I'd like to see this little piggy when you give it eyes & am sure others would also like a shot of the finished bank.Cheers,James jj777746

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
But its a PIG!

it needs little button piggy eyes, just like the free buttons I'm waiting for (g).
Exactly. It needs little red eyes, and huge tusks. :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.