Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,066 Posts
I just fitted a "MLCS PowerLift" to my "RBI RouterTable" with a minimum of drilling and cutting of the all-metal router table. The construction took about 4 hours from start to finish, and looks like it always was part of the router table.

Without touching the router motor, I can adjust the position of the router bit in two (2) dimensions, by either turning a handle for the Horizontal position, or using the installed MLCS PowerLift for Vertical positioning. On a RBI RouterTable, the router can also be positioned either horizontally, vertically, or at any angle from 0 to 90 degrees.

I have 2 other (Rockler) router table setups, and a MLCS Horizontal table, but prefer to use the RBI. It is a great "Made in the USA" router table, and it's too bad it is no longer made. (Now if I can convince MLCS woodworking to start selling a RBI type router table modified for their PowerLift ...)

I hope the attached pictures give a good idea of the new construction. The first picture shows all the parts attached.

Mark
That's one amazing set-up Mark. It looks very heavy to raise the half table, like my table was until I fitted after-market gas struts which keep it in the up position and I had to make and fit screw knobs to keep it down.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.