Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Semi-retired, Minister-Missionary SBC
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been woodworking for ages and been using routers since the late 60's. I lived overseas (Japan) from the mid 80s to 2011 and while over there I built a router table for two routers. - I dislike changing a set up and then having to re-set it. Left my table over there (but not my routers) and built another table with two routers here. Not as nice as some of yours, but it is functional.

I am wanting to get into inlays and sign making and have never done either of those. Looking forward to learning tricks and tips from you guys.

Other hobbies: lathe turning (2 lathes) - pen making, bowls, and flat work - cabinets, tables, book cases etc. Have table saw, band saw, sanders galore, compound sliding miter saw, welders, drill press and an abundance of hand held tools.

My dad passed away in '96 and left me a ton of tools; I had a ton of tools overseas and brought them back with me when I retired from overseas work. It filled up my shop so full that I couldn't move around in there, much less make anything. Finally two son-in-laws and a grandson took enough tools away that I could start working in the shop again.
I'm working on my dust collector units (have 2, and just now getting them working) to keep the dust down.

Looking forward to learning from you!
Hank Lee

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hank.

Reactions: leehljp

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome aboard Hank. You'll find a ton of infor and people willing to help here. Getting the shop setup is 3/4 of the work. Mine is ever evolving it seems. Learning is something that happens everytime I get a new project going. Sometimes it's the 1st time and others a reminder from and earlier time. Enjoy the journey.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Glad you decided to join the fun. While you can definitely do inlays that way, you might really enjoy using a router plane. The one in the picture has an inlay kit available that will give you very delicate control. For example the double cutting attachment lets you make vines and other fine embelishments. Two pix. This is from Veritas. It's a terrific tool, easily controlled, and it's downright pretty.

easily c

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
G'day Hank. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts