Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught the tail end of a program in which Rick and Bob were using some sort of wooden "jig" to put 30 and 45 degree bevels on the edge of stock for a stool, using what looked like a 2" or better straight cutting bit. I think I can use that jig. Do not find it in the book Bob and Rick did. Is there another place I can learn about it and how to make it?
If I can make that jig it might save me buying a BIG 45 chamfer bit.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply. I don't have a jointer etc. and I DO have a need for some pieces 45 and 30 degrees. I can buy a large 45 chamfer bit that I can run some 1" oak through to get my edges, but I thought if I could make up a simple jig to do it I might save a couple bucks. And a guy is always putting 45's on one thing or another.
I suppose a couple of bits might be the best way to go in the long run. And I agree, the whole point of the series is to "sell" the utility of routers. And just maybe a few products along the way. Ha!
Is there a "plan" for that jig someplace?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.