Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is my 32nd anniversary so for the past couple of days I've been out in my shop working on her present. I gave it to her tonight with the understanding that I need it back to clean it up and put the finish on it. I have a lot of filing and sanding to do before that, but I thought I'd post it here at this stage. It's the second thing I've ever made with a scroll saw so I know it's a bit rough.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
I don't even want to show the second thing I made.

Looks great, you did a really nice job on that. Was that your own pattern or one you aquired, very nice.
Herb

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it was my own design, but it's one I actually bought because I liked it. Was only $5. Thanks, I had fun doing it, but now I want a good scroll saw. The saw I have is a 16" Tradesman that I paid $10 for. Changing blades is really slow with it.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,354 Posts
That's nice.

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
The sentiment is the main thing, but to me, it looks pretty darn good. To you wife, it must have put you firmly in the sweetheart column.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sentiment is the main thing, but to me, it looks pretty darn good. To you wife, it must have put you firmly in the sweetheart column.
I did well this anniversary... she woke up before I left this morning so I got to say "happy anniversary" first... then when she went to the kitchen she found the dining room table covered with a happy anniversary banner, and then tonight I gave her the present.
She's a lot happier than she was the year I forgot the anniversary. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
These are the kinda things my wife treasures...nicely done Ken....

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Gold stars for you, Ken. Happy anniversary to both of you.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Congrats on even remembering, let alone in advance to make something.

Only way I remember ours is that it's in the same week as our birthdays, and I usually forget those.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Today is my 32nd anniversary so for the past couple of days I've been out in my shop working on her present. I gave it to her tonight with the understanding that I need it back to clean it up and put the finish on it. I have a lot of filing and sanding to do before that, but I thought I'd post it here at this stage. It's the second thing I've ever made with a scroll saw so I know it's a bit rough.
Excellent work, I PREFER this work ever, than those with CNC machines. Congrats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What a wonderful way to commemorate your anniversary Ken. If you or any other Router enthusiasts also have an interest in scrollsaw work there is a fellow by the name of Steve Good who runs a blog with tons of patterns and product information. He puts out a daily email with a different pattern which can be downloaded for future trial and error, in my case some error is required :), and there is something for everyone's tastes. Here is the website (I hope I am not breaking any Router Forum rules); Scrollsaw Workshop

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Excellent work and a great way to commemorate the day. Now the proverbial question, "what to offer next year"?

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Ken, if you do that on an old scroll saw, you deserve a new one they have improved the blade changing a lot in the new ones. I can only speak for the Dewalt it has a great changing set up, the Hagner I had before was very difficult for me.
Herb

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
I found several used books full of scroll saw patterns on Amazon's used list a couple of years ago. Cheap and lots of variety. You might search for more of them to figure out next year's gift. Come to think of it, my anniversary comes up in a couple of months, better get busy.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ken, if you do that on an old scroll saw, you deserve a new one they have improved the blade changing a lot in the new ones. I can only speak for the Dewalt it has a great changing set up, the Hagner I had before was very difficult for me.
Herb
I am anxious to see the saw that my coworker has that might be payment for my fixing his table saw. It's a Delta, but so far that's all I know about it. It might be too old to be an upgrade for me, or it might be just what I need for now.
I've already dropped several hints to my wife about needing a new scroll saw....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts