Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another challenging project found on the Internet that was a magazine article some time in the past. Woods are Walnut and fiddle back Maple with handmade Maple dowels. Adjusted length to fit my location, which is slighly shorter than the one in the article - www.popularwoodworking/article/floating-table/. Have fun. The curve of the legs is slighly distorted due perspective of the wide angle camera lens.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Woops, didn't mean to post twice. Finish is two coats of Natural Danish Oil, wet sanded the second coat with 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Would get more gloss is I did this again.

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
That's a handsome table. Two tone is something I always like, and walnut and maple are terrific together. I ??also like a gloss finish. Did you sand the top or use a scraper? Sorry, miss read your post on the finish. Old eyes again.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Here is another challenging project found on the Internet that was a magazine article some time in the past. Woods are Walnut and fiddle back Maple with handmade Maple dowels. Adjusted length to fit my location, which is slighly shorter than the one in the article - www.popularwoodworking/article/floating-table/. Have fun. The curve of the legs is slighly distorted due perspective of the wide angle camera lens.
I have never seen a Floating Table Top. Very interesting and nicely done

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a handsome table. Two tone is something I always like, and walnut and maple are terrific together. I ??also like a gloss finish. Did you sand the top or use a scraper? Sorry, miss read your post on the finish. Old eyes again.
Wet sanded the last coat with Natural Danish Oil and 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Yields a subtle mat but yet somewhat glossy finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.