Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Whilst Tony seems to have an infinite number of these superb boxes, there are unfortunately a finite number of superlatives to describe them.

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Tony,

You are without a doubt the "Bandsaw Box Master". Another excellent piece!

What is your bandsaw of choice?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the kind words.

I am yet to find a bandsaw of my choice, the ideal machine is one which has all the necessary attributes and most importantly manages the dust problem!

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Tony

I go along with the others VERY NICE job :).

I also agree that saw dust is a big thing on the band saw, I tried to fix it by putting on a air pump that blows the saw dust down the blade slot and down the hole in the top that plugs in to a foot control on the floor (for power control) so it only runs the band saw when I step on the foot control, plus it lets me stop the band saw quick if I need to make a turn around or back out of the stock.
Once it's down the hole the vac. system takes over and in the bag.

Air Pump
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...K:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=7773320606&rd=1&rd=1
Foot Switch
http://www.intarsia.com/Hardware.html

Bj :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Bob

It works great, the switch for my band saw is off to one side and I need to take one hand and my eyes off the stock and power it down that's to say I did but now I just lift my foot and it stops the blade from turning plus now it's a bit safer to run the band saw.(meat saw) just in case I get into a jam . :) I think I saw the same one on the Lee Valley web site.

I made one along time ago from a sewing machine switch but it didn't work that well on the band saw (1/2HP motor) was the error I think . :)

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Bj....

Looks like I will put that on my short "want" list. The switch on my BS is a pain to reach and lke you said, taking the eyes and hands off the work in progress is not a desireable thing to want to do.

Thanks for the tip.

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
BJ, I understand why you would want to have the switch set up but isn't it also just as easy to gas the machine when you don't really want to and ...... eewwwwww I don't even like to think about it! Just thinking out loud.......

Corey

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Corey

I eat alot of beans but I don't think I can stop it by gasing it... LOL , I can stop some people in there tracks but band saw is a hard one :) :) LOL LOL

It's true you can start the machine if you put your foot on the switch but I always just switch the main switch off when I done or I going to walk off for a bit.
The main switch is the main over ride to the band saw and I flip it off or on until I'm set to cut the stock.
It takes a bit of a learning cuve to get the hang of it ,putting your foot down or up to run the machine but once you get the hang of it,,easy :)

Deadman Style Pedal Footswitch
Now you can operate your router or other power tools with hands-free convenience.
The Billy Pedal is a spring loaded safety switch that turns off the tool when you lift your foot off the pedal.
Simply plug our foot switch into your electrical outlet, then plug your tool into the Billy Pedal.

Maybe some day they will come out with one like the hot dog table saw, that's to say it will cut wood but if it's a hot dog ( finger) the machine will lock up, I don't know it works but it will lock the blade on the table saw.

challagan said:
BJ, I understand why you would want to have the switch set up but isn't it also just as easy to gas the machine when you don't really want to and ...... eewwwwww I don't even like to think about it! Just thinking out loud.......

Corey

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Isn't it just. It's been quite a while since we've seen Tony, I suppose that he's flat out keeping up with demand for his exquisite boxes. I did download plans from his web site some time ago but my lack of band saw skills made me give up any further attempts.

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
Robert, I just love when a new member browses the forum and finds some of these great projects....

Thanks for bringing these to the fore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts