Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I had just acquired an old Craftsman router table, model #17125479. It came fairly bare bones meaning the table, legs and a fence, most of the fence parts & pieces are missing.

I have already been to ebay, but can you direct me to a site for parts or perhaps someone here who would wish to sell parts that would fit my table?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Is this one of those small aluminum tables? A picture would help. In any case what parts are you looking for besides a fence and table? Those two parts are all that you really need. Featherboards are very helpful but I'm not sure if they would have come with the table. Removable inserts for different size bits would be nice but again not sure if they would have come with the table.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have one of the those older aluminum Crafstman router tables. It works but only marginally. It's hard to keep the fence lined up. In my opinion I'd save the money and time and look for one a little better. You can sell what you have to someone whose happy with theirs and works for them. If you love it there are places that sell parts for older Craftsman tools. A search on Craftsman Router Table should produce a variety of sources. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Greetings,
I had just acquired an old Craftsman router table, model #17125479. It came fairly bare bones meaning the table, legs and a fence, most of the fence parts & pieces are missing.

I have already been to ebay, but can you direct me to a site for parts or perhaps someone here who would wish to sell parts that would fit my table?
I just sold the same craftsman table, but i had upgraded it to the one piece Craftsman molded plastic fence that was sold separately by Sears, that has the dust collection port built in. I don't have the fence number, but you should definitely try to upgrade if you want better quality routing.
Rick (in STOW, OH)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just sold the same craftsman table, but i had upgraded it to the one piece Craftsman molded plastic fence that was sold separately by Sears, that has the dust collection port built in. I don't have the fence number, but you should definitely try to upgrade if you want better quality routing.
Rick (in STOW, OH)
jaguar1201, Thanks for the heads up about the fence. A part # would be helpful but I'll keep looking around.
Stow, that's just a stones through from my place.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Rick (in STOW, OH)
jaguar1201, Thanks for the heads up about the fence. A part # would be helpful but I'll keep looking around.
Stow, that's just a stones through from my place.
I have been liquidating my entire woodworking shop equipment and tooling, due to advanced age and rapidly declining health, and since you live so close, you may wish to acquire some of my many router bits, or even a lathe, so don't be bashful about coming to look around. 330 285 8296 (Rick). Most of the router bits are new. i just put the first group on ebay #294390100316.
Look forward to seeing you.
Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts