Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Paul
1,835 Posts
Probably less smearing of the glue than clamps too.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Now why didn't I think of that? Won't replace clamps but it certainly should help in keeping the boards leveled at least while the glue dries. Great point on the tape....

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yes, they work quite well for keeping alignment between boards during glue-ups. I've been using them for years and never thought to post about them.

They will, however, sometimes leave stains in the wood if the glue comes into contact with them, so I always fold a piece of wax paper around the wood where I will be installing them to keep the glue and the clip separated, and then I add the clip. Most any stationery store carries these in many different sizes. They are not cheap, but cheaper than the alternative woodworking clamps, and they are re-usable. Once you have a few in your shop you will find many other creative ways to use them too, like for hanging up large printed plans above the workbench, or for holding those 1/2 used pieces of sandpaper between uses. The wire handle loops allow you to hang them from nails in the wall or from a wire or string too.

Charley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts