Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. And first thing to learn, keep your fingers away from the whirly parts.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
:) Hello and welcome to the router forum, Dan Questions and answers are always appreciate

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
G'day, Dan. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Welcome abroad Dan. Safety is one of the most stressed points in woodworking as there are few tools that can't do some serious damage if misused/improperly applied. With the router you'll find such things as depth of cut per pass, direction of feed, speed depending on diameter of bit and so on are all very important. Please read all safety statements before attempting to do a 1st time operation as it will give you the basic guidelines to use the tool safely.

See this previous post for more.....https://www.routerforums.com/new-member-introductions/143665-new-guy.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all. Picked up a Delta 22-580 planer nearly unused yesterday for $200. I have to build a stand for it, so when my collet comes in on the 21st I will get to making some of the pieces on my router table. I have been collecting pallets on and off over the past few weeks, and been having some fun disassembling them. I plan to make a cart about 20 x 24 for the planer and inset the table top and round over the edges. I am torn between doing the pieces on the table of just doing in situ like I did my last cart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.