Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally new to the idea of Sign Routing and really have zero experience at this point. I am good with most power tools but have just never tried using a router for this before. I have acquired a real nice looking 2 HP plunge router given to me by the widow of a recently deceased friend. It appears to never have been used. It's a
Craftsman (model 315.275050) but despite its like new condition I am now learning that its a very old and long discontinued Model. I was thinking of trying my luck at some sign lettering routing projects using a template kit such as the Milescraft 1212. Unfortunately I didn't get any manual with this router and although it looks to be pretty self explanatory the Sears website no longer has any manual available. Anyone have any ideas as to where I might obtain one either in print or a downloadable copy. ? Would this router be a good choice for routing some 2 1/2 " lettering with those templates in the Milescraft kit or would it be too much overkill to use it for that? It is a pretty "beefy" one. I was hoping a helpful forum member might take a minute or two to give me some advice regarding this. I sure would appreciate any input from anyone well versed in router use. Thanks

·
Official Greeter
19,758 Posts
G;day @bh7122 , and welcome to the forum.

We do not have the manual for this model in our library at the moment.

·
Official Greeter
19,758 Posts
G;day @bh7122 , and welcome to the forum.

We do not have the manual for this model in our library at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts