Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SFChuck here, new to routing but have some experience at other forms of woodworking. Looking forward to exchanging ideas and techniques with the members.

I added a rather extensive bio if anyone is interested. It gives some info as to my background, interests, etc.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Welcome, Chuck.

Your gonna like it here. Jump right in and don't be shy.

Bill

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chuck.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,835 Posts
Hello Chuck, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome Chuck...I'm sure your experiences will come in handy for others wanting to do the same things...we'll all benefit...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome Chuck, I know you'll find joining was a great decision. There's a lot of very friendly, knowledgeable people here, who are happy to help. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Hi Chuck. :)

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
G'day Chuck, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, guys, for the welcome. Look forward to tapping the brain trust here for tips and techniques.

James, I visited Oz about 15 years ago (Melbourne) for a couple weeks to instruct the staff of our subsidiary on some advanced software development quality practices.

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chuck . Thanks for filling out your profile , nice knowing a little about you ;)

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Welcome Chuck - nice bio and nice job on the router table.

This is one of the friendliest forums I've been on and there are some knowledgeable people here - and don't let the grumpy ones fool you - it's only an act.

Vince

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Welcome Chuck - nice bio and nice job on the router table.

This is one of the friendliest forums I've been on and there are some knowledgeable people here - and don't let the grumpy ones fool you - it's only an act.

Vince
I forgot to mention I liked the router table . Good point Vince

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I tend to be not very artistic when it comes to tools...and a router table is certainly one of those. I make them functional but am not too concerned with "pretty."

The table is just about to get a facelift. I have some 3/4" X 4" X 48" UHMW coming from PeachTree along with a mini T-track. Both will be added to the fence. The UHMW will be split and slotted horizontally so I can adjust the bit opening. The fence is 6-1/4" high and is set into the base with four 45 degree braces that I dadoed into the top and base, fastened with glue and 18 ga pin nails. I've posted a couple pictures with more detail along with the original from my bio.

One shows the bit guard that is currently held in place with spring clamps. They'll be replaced by vertical slots for height adjustment. And sometime soon I'll add a box over the bit opening for dust collection...just as soon as I finish the cyclone collector that's on the drawing table. It'll be made out of a couple 5 gal buckets from the BORG and some particle board I have laying around.

Later on I will make a bit drawer that will be about 4" wide, a couple or three rows deep and mounted to the legs under the right side of the top. I'm thinking of trying a couple of ball bearing full extension drawer slides, mounting them on the same side one above the other. Has anyone ever tried that? I don't know if that will work but I'll see. If it doesn't I'll make a 4" X 20" frame on which to mount the slides and hang the box from that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I posted a reply and then tried to edit it to add another picture but I mistyped the URL and apparently the reply got deleted. If the moderators can recover it I'll gladly correct the URL of the picture but I'm not going to retype the whole thing.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,835 Posts
Can not find

Well, I posted a reply and then tried to edit it to add another picture but I mistyped the URL and apparently the reply got deleted. If the moderators can recover it I'll gladly correct the URL of the picture but I'm not going to retype the whole thing.
Sorry I can not find anything delete from you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sorry I can not find anything delete from you.
Thanks for looking. The post seems to be back (above, with pictures). I couldn't access it at all yesterday.

The picture I was going to add was of the router table I'm working on but it can be seen in my bio if anyone is interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts